The preservation of architectural drawings is paramount today. The Insurance Companies, Government and Litigation is at the forefront of preserving the plans / drawings. The regulations in counties where buildings need to have a 40-year re-certification. As many municipalities and counties are implanting the process, the maintain and preserving the document become a necessity. The original plans are crucial in protecting Condominium Association, Builder and County.
Papers drawings especially large ones are difficult to manage and keep organized. This means they’re often in rolls, hanging racks or boxed and kept in some storage area.
Large format document scanning will digitally convert all your oversized documents for easier and more secure access, and collaboration. This digital conversion will improve productivity and will speed up transitioning to a paperless office
With digital files, they can all be securely stored on a server or cloud platform. Once scanned the documents can be indexed organized by name, date created, and organized into categories.
Which format has better quality — JPEG or PDF? PDFs will often be higher quality than JPEGs. This is because JPEGs compress images, leading to a loss in quality that you can't regain. Visuals saved as PDF are of very high quality and even customizable, making them the file format of choice for printers.
The best dpi for scanning documents – balancing readability and file size – is 300 dpi. It makes the document easy to read and share. The State of Florida requires architectural drawing be at a minimum of 300dpi.
· Preservation: Handling of paper based large format drawings and plans makes them highly susceptible to degradation.
· Instant Access: Digitization allows for instant access of plans and drawings. No need to look through roll after roll to find what you need.
· Collaboration: Multiple parties can view the plan or drawing at the same time which will increase efficiency.
· Distribution: Digital files can be sent to other parties quicker and without any expense.
· Disaster Recovery: Digital files can be stored in multiple redundant places. DSSI large format scanning services will become an integral part of your disaster recovery plan.
Whether you are a Construction, Government, Developer, Designer or Architect, DSSI’s large format services can provide a comprehensive solution for all your large format Scanning needs.
Service Options - additional to scanning
· Indexing/Naming: Naming of Plans or Drawings by number, project number of name, development application number of any fields of your choice.
· Color Depth: Scanning in Bi-Tonal (B&W), Grayscale or Full Color depending on your needs.
· Size: From A to E size drawings or plans … up to 48″x 54″
· Resolution: Up to 600 DPI Optical and 9,600 DPI Interpolated
· Output: TIFF, PDF, JPEG, and many others
· Deliverables: USB, or in The Cloud